Here are some good safety tips on how to stay safe on the web. This is a good start. Go to www.google.com/help/security for more information.
- Create strong Passwords and keep them secure.
- Use different passwords for every account.
- Change passwords frequently.
- Don't make passwords to simple.
- Keep your software updated.
- Look out for phishing schemes and don't access websites from your email.
- Don't offer passwords to companies who ask for them by email.
- Check your computer for malware often. Keep downloads to a minimum and take proper precautions.
These are basic precautions use prudence when downloading anything. Keep your system up to date and clean. Stay on top of the latest security issues and how to remedy them.